Thermostatic Mixing Valve Testing and Certification
What is a Thermostatic Mixing Valve (TMV)?
A Thermostatic Mixing Valve is a device that delivers a mix of hot and cold water to showers and basins that ensure safe and constant temperatures are delivered at the water outlet to prevent scalding injuries.
Why do TMVs require testing and how frequently is testing required?
It is a mandatory requirement that all TMVs are tested and certified to ensure correct performance is maintained. TMVs are required to be tested annually in accordance with State Legislation and must be performed in accordance with the Australian Standard AS4032.3 – 2004.
Who is able to service a TMV?
Only licensed plumbers who hold a current TMV endorsement can service Thermostatic Mixing Valves.
Managing the testing of TMVs through a service agent:
- A system should be in place to send notifications when the 12 month testing approaches.
- All maintenance and testing should be carried out in accordance with the device manufacturer’s instructions and as stated in AS4032.3 – 2004.
- Thermostatic Actuators and Dynamic ‘O’ Rings and Seals are required to be changed every 5 years, or as prescribed by the manufacturer.
- All certificates and device registers should be stored in PDF.
- We provide all clients with a PDF of the service certificate of every Thermostatic Mixing Valve device tested and a valve register.
- We can provide our clients a PDF copy of all our license certificates, insurance policies, COVID and Flu Vaccination Certificates, and police checks upon request.
- Our system is fully automated with electronic notifications of annual scheduled service issued prior to the due date, easing your administrative burden.
For more information about our professional Thermostatic Mixing Valve Testing & Certification services , give us a call or send an email today.
Fortifire employees commit to ongoing and continuous Professional Development. Every technician holds the relevant qualifications to perform their duties competently.
Deal with a company that has industry approved Professional Indemnity, Public Liability, and WorkCover insurances.
At Fortifire, there is nowhere to hide. All activities are electronically time-stamped and geo-stamped. Customer assets are individually bar coded and scanned at each inspection. Asset history is traced and any defect issues will remain open in our system for automatic follow-up until they have been formally resolved.