Scroll down to watch a short video
What is a Backflow Prevention Valve (BFPV)?
A Backflow Prevention Valve is used to prevent a potable water supply from being polluted and contaminated by stopping water in a non-potable water main from flowing back into the potable water main.
Why do Backflow Prevention Valves require testing and how frequently is testing required?
It is a mandatory requirement throughout Australia that all Backflow Prevention Valves are tested and certified Annually. Service certificates in the required format must be forwarded to local authorities every 12 months and testing is performed as per the Australian Standard AS2845.3 – 2010.
Who is able to service a Backflow Prevention Valve?
Only licensed plumbers who hold a current Backflow Prevention Valve endorsement can service Backflow Prevention Valves.
Managing the testing of Backflow Prevention Valves through a service agent:
- A system should be in place to send notifications when the 12 month testing approaches.
- All maintenance and testing should be carried out in accordance with the device manufacturer’s instructions and as stated in AS2845.3 – 2010.
- All certificates and device registers should be stored in PDF.
- Fortifire provides all clients and local authorities with a PDF of the service certificate of every Backflow Prevention Valves tested and a device register.
- We can provide our clients a PDF copy of all our license certificates, insurance policies, COVID and Flu Vaccination Certificates, and police checks upon request.
- Our system is fully automated with electronic notifications of annual scheduled service issued prior to the due date, easing your administrative burden.
For more information about our professional Backflow Prevention Valve Testing & Certification services , give us a call or send an email today.